Friday, November 2, 2012

Cranberry Chipotle Chicken Salad

I wanted to create a chicken salad recipe that was different from anything I have seen before.  A little sweet, a little spicy, a little crunchy. I had a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce opened in my fridge so I decided to give them a try in chicken salad. And the chipotles did not disappoint! I just used about 1 teaspoon of the adobo sauce which added a subtle kick without being overpowering.  The smokiness that the adobo creates in something I have never experienced in a chicken salad before, but loved it! The cranberries add the perfect amount of sweetness and the cilantro give a light freshness to the meal. This is great on a sandwich, with crackers, or just by itself! Easy and satisfying.



















I start by mixing greek yogurt, light mayo, apple cider vinegar, adobo sauce, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.


















Next I combine shredded chicken, almonds, cranberries, green onion, cilantro, with the wet mixture.



















Then I finish it off with some parmesan cheese and a little paprika for a nice color and a little smokey heat.




















Cranberry Chipotle Chicken Salad
Ingredients:
2 C Shredded Chicken (I boil for about 40 minutes)
1/4 C Fat Free Greek Yogurt
2 T Light Mayo
2 T Apple Cider Vinegar
1 t Adobo Sauce
1 t Salt
1/2 t Pepper
1/4 C Slivered Almonds
1/4 C Dried Cranberries
1 Green Onion (minced)
2 T Fresh Cilantro
1/4 C Parmesan Cheese (grated)
1 t Paprika

Directions:
1) Boil and shred 2-3 chicken breasts. Allow chicken to cool.
2) Mix the yogurt, mayo, vinegar, adobo, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and set aside.
3) In a large bowl, combine the chicken, almonds, cranberries, green onion, cilantro, parmesan cheese, and paprika.
4) Lightly stir to combine.
5) Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
6) Can be eaten immediately, but is better refrigerated overnight.

Nutrition:
(4 Servings)
Cals-250, Fat-9g, Protein-16g

No comments:

Post a Comment